Monday, February 7, 2011

You Gotta Be Pullin' My Leg!

"Pulled pork this delicious from a crock pot?? Noooo way!", you'd say.

To which I'd reply, "Yeeeessss waaaayyyyy, duuuuude!"

Boston butts are on sale at Publix (oh, glorious Publix! How I love thee!) this week, so I had to grab one for some variety, since most of our meals consist of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or various forms of deer meat. =) And since I love to Rawk the Crock, I wanted a recipe that would knock your crockin' socks off =D

1 Boston butt
2 TBS salt
1 TBS black pepper
1 1/2 cups brown sugar (not packed)
1/4 c. paprika
1 tsp dried thyme
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1 TBS (or more, if you're like me =D) ground red pepper
olive oil, as needed


Pulled Pork Ingredients

Combine all ingredients. minus the butt, until well combined. Add olive oil, as needed, to make a paste. Cover butt in paste and marinate in the fridge overnight. (Sounds more like a cure for diaper rash, doesn't it??)


Pulled Pork all mixed up

Pulled Pork Slather it on!


In the morning, before work or church, place the butt and sauce in the Crock Pot and set on low. Cook for 6-8 hours or until cooked through.


In da pot
(This is the uncooked version, just in case you couldn't tell. =D)


Remove butt from C.P. and shred, removing fat and bones, if any. Plop a big heaping helping on a toasted Publix French hamburger bun and serve with jalapeno ranch slaw on the side! (Or on top, if you're into that kinda thing.... which I am!)


Pulled Pork Yumminess

2 comments:

Martha said...

I came to look at the pond and was totally distracted by the butt. This is definitely for me! Home-made slaw?

TooTall said...

Gah! I don't have your new email address here at home! :-p Yeah, it was GREAT! And the slaw was homemade, I guess. Not much to it :-) Mayo, ranch dressing and some jalapenos and jalapeno juice. *slurp*