Friday, September 21, 2012

Candlestick Apothecary Jars

I accidentally stumbled upon this idea a while back, and immediately had to make my own. Now that I've made them, I want to make more. Will my house look odd if I have sets of apothecary jars in every room of my house, I wonder? After reading blog after blog, webpage after webpage, I armed myself with supplies. Here's how mine were made: (Click on the pics to bring up the full size. I've got to tweak this layout. Ugh!)


The supplies--3 candlesticks I picked up at Hobby Lobby, 50% off; 3 jars I liked the looks of, Hobby Lobby, also 50% off; 3 finials I found at Michael's that I liked, NOT 50% off; black spray paint. (if I do more of these with glass holders, I will prime them first, I think. If I dig with my nails, the paint chips ever so slightly... so I just won't dig on these with my nails ;-) Ha!) 


Candlestick Apothecary Jars (2)


I put mine out on the grass on newspaper, because it's nearing the end of grass growing season and I didn't want rings of black grass for months. LOL


Candlestick Apothecary Jars (3)


I used E6000 glue on mine. Tough stuff!


Candlestick Apothecary Jars (4)


Here they are, waiting the 2 minutes before I smashed them together:


Candlestick Apothecary Jars (5)


Attached and waiting the suggested 24 hour period before I could see them all together. Ok, ok, I didn't wait a full 24. More like 20, but they seem to be pretty much welded together for eternity. =D


Candlestick Apothecary Jars (6)


Tadaaaaa!!! I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!!! (If you know what movie that comes from, you're awesome!)


Candlestick Apothecary Jars (7)


And one more look, just because I love 'em! I plan on changing them up for the seasons. Christmas will be fun! The possibilities are endless, really. Google "candlestick apothecary jars" for your own hours and hours of inspiration, and let me know if you make your own! I'd love to see them! =)


Candlestick Apothecary Jars








No comments: